Sunday, February 3, 2008

Is There Something To Prevent Stds












This weekend I saw a movie that I've always liked: "Lorenzo's Oil" the story of a child who is diagnosed with ADL and doomed to die because there is no cure for his disease. However, their parents struggle to get it and produce an oil that retracts the disease. The performances of Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon are great and the plot is interesting.



But more interestingly, there is to know that Lorenzo Odone and his last name, his mother and father were really pioneers in regard to leukodystrophy and saved many children suffering from this disease.





sad thing is that Lorenzo does not improve because of their myelin neurons was already badly damaged, so just move your body parts and it is very difficult to communicate with the world around him.





However, Lorenzo is still alive and now 29. Vital functions have not improved much but his father is still at his side.








The mother, Michelle, died of lung cancer in 2000 lu ego to devote his life to Lorenzo.









recorded cassettes I had even stopped his voice narrating the story of the young favorite.











A film that I recommend to everyone to understand this terrible disease, but above all the sacrifice and dedication of parents to make your child improve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment